Want to make a difference in our community for those in poverty? Join us Aug. 13 to get the training and tools you'll need to get started!
We're excited to announce our next Bridges Out of Poverty workshop is Saturday, Aug. 13 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at St. Francis United Methodist Church, 4200 McKee Road, in Charlotte.
Bridges Out of Poverty is based on the book of the same name and helps prepare community members to address poverty more effectively. It is through the understanding of the issues of poverty that we can become more effective in removing barriers and helping families as they journey to self-sufficiency. This workshop is truly paradigm-shifting!
Bridges Out of Poverty provides concrete tools for a community to prevent, reduce, and alleviate poverty.
Materials used and strategies developed are focused on:
- Moving individuals from poverty to self-sufficiency
- Reducing social costs related to crime, poor health, and welfare
- Strengthening educational attainment and job skills
- Improving on-the-job productivity
- Revitalizing neighborhoods
- Building a sustainable community where everyone can live well
Cost is $50 with book and workbook or $25 with workbook only. Repeat students may attend for $10. Register today.