This year's banquet also featured a buffet with food donated by more than 20 local restaurants, a variety show and silent auction.
This year's Love in Action honorees were:
- The Mary & Martha Sunday School Class, from the First Baptist Church of Indian Trail, also was honored as the Partner of the Year.
- Love in Action Awards were presented to Common Heart's volunteers of the year:
- Connie Lightner, of Indian Trail, was named Common Heart Volunteer of the Year
- Deb Adams, of Weddington, was named Common Things Volunteer of the Year
- Rick Hepner, of Mint Hill, was named Common Cupboard Volunteer of the Year
The final numbers are in and our 7th annual Love in Action Fundraising Banquet raised $26,582.83 for local hungry families –that's $1,582.83 MORE than this year's goal! THANK YOU!
More than $15,000 of that amount was raised by Common Heart Booster Teams – local supporters, who gathered as teams to collect donations for Common Heart in the weeks leading up to the banquet. Boosters shared Common Heart’s story and asked folks to donate using social media, text, email and face-to-face interactions with family, friends, coworkers etc. as well as an online mobile app for collecting and tracking donations. These folks did an amazing job! Thank you!!
Booster Campaign Results by team:
1st Place: $2,407.83 Elevation (Bill & Wendy Ulrich, Paul and Christina Sanders, and Jane Hutchko)
2nd Place: $2,285 Common Things Thrift Store (Connie Lightner, Dana Hinson, and Debra Adams)
3rd Place: $2,240 Care Bears (Fournier Family and Friends) The students did some exceptional food drive work in their elementary school, too!
4th Place: $1,960 Board of Directors (Darren Greene, Joy Odom, Cheri Bankhead, Traci Dawson, Kate Simon, and Johanna Miller)
5th Place: $1,550 Bankhead/Bennett Friends and Family (Rick and Katie Gooding, Ben Jackson, Tyler Furr, Victoria Bennett, Raleigh Bankhead)
6th Place: $1,435 Common Cupboard Drivers (Robert and Michelle Tossas, John Plack, and Ken Holloway)